Get your deposit back!
We work with many London estate agents and management companies and know exactly what they expect from professional end of tenancy cleaning!
That’s why we only work with our own professional cleaning products and equipment and will stay on the job until it’s perfect.
What do you need to know about end of tenancy clean?
Do you know that, 70% of deposit charges are for cleaning issues?
First of all, check your Tenancy agreement and Inventory check-in report. As a rule of thumb you are required to leave the property in the same clean condition as when you moved in.
You can clean it yourself or hire a cleaning company.
If you plan on cleaning yourself, make sure you put in that extra work and start in advance, so you have enough time to match the quality benchmark. Most people don’t do deep cleaning on a weekly basis and that counts double in the months before their moving date. As a guidance, 1 bed flat might take as long as 16 man-hours to make it spotless.
If you hire a cleaning company, remember that buying a service is different to buying a product: it’s difficult to compare. Choosing only by cost is a risky option. The safer and often cheaper approach is to ask for recommendation from your estate agents and friends.
Why are we CHEAPER?
- many stains and minor damages can be removed by a professional cleaner, so some dilapidation charges on your deposit can be avoided
- many of our cheaper competitors do not deliver professional finish even after the re-call. After you hand the keys back, the landlord is within their rights to hire another cleaning company and charge you for the costs.
- we give 1 week guarantee ( please, see our T&C) that property will be of “professional cleaning standard”
How does it work?
If you can’t provide access to the team, we can collect the keys from you in advance or collect them from your estate agents. Free of charge.
If you can be there to let us in, we will agree exact start time or call you 1 hour prior to arrival.
Each of our end of tenancy cleaning teams has a person in charge. Upon arrival the team leader will survey the property, will give you an estimation of how long the completion of the service will take. He will have your contact number to keep you updated. As soon as the team has done their job, the person in charge, along with you, will evaluate the state of the place and check for possible omissions. When you are fully content, you make the payment to the team leader and receive full receipt for the services with description of work and our “Quality guarantee” disclaimer.
Our ” Quality guarantee” goes further than completion! At IGK it simply means- your deposit will never be charged due to cleaning issues! That’s how confident we are and that’s how 100% of our jobs have been so far! Of course, you should remember that deposits can be charged for damages to the property and fittings, unpaid bills an so on.
What does it INCLUDE?
- Wash/polish all work surfaces.
- Clean the insides of all cupboards (shelves and doors). Remove all old food stuffs, carrier bags etc.
- Clean the tops of wall units and underneath them
- Clean exterior and interior of drawers
- Clean the sink, taps, wastes and draining areas, remove lime scale and polish where required.
- Degrease the wall tiles, then clean end polish them.
- Internal oven cleaning, removal of built up grease as well as clean exterior and polish any external chrome.
- Clean oven racks and trays
- Clean hobs, gas rings and gas control knobs
- Clean and remove grime from extractor and extractor grill
- Fridge / freezer cleaning, grime, mildew and food deposit removal. Clean rubber.
- Clean washing machine inside and out. Clean rubber at the door. Clean soap drawers.
- Clean dishwasher inside and out (if any)
- Clean soap dispensers and filters of washing machines and dishwashers
- Clean microwave inside and out
- Clean exterior of all appliances including kettle, toaster. Refuse receptacles: cleaned inside and out.
- Empty and clean bin, dispose of rubbish
- Hoover and mop the floor, clean skirting boards, clean light switches (front and edges)
- Clean windows and window frames, clean doors, tops of doors and door handles
- Appropriately and safely clean and wipe all socket outlets, switches, light fittings, shades
- Shower screen de-scaled, cleaned and polished.
- Degrease the wall tiles, then clean end polish them.
- Bath, basin, taps, shower and fittings to be cleaned, de-scaled, dried and polished.
- Shower heads and waste fittings to be cleaned, de-scaled, dried and polished.
- Toilet to be de-scaled, and brushed clean. Seat to be cleaned and disinfected.
- All soap and shampoo deposits to be removed.
- Mirrors cleaned and polished.
- Extractor fans and air vents wiped
- Floors hand washed with attention to edges .
- Clean bathroom window (if any)
Bedrooms, living room, hallway and stairs
- Dusting throughout, including: light fittings and shades, light switches, skirting boards, curtain rails, wall pictures, mirrors, fire surround, hand rails, stairs, radiators (and behind them if possible)
- All furniture will be moved and vacuumed underneath. Dust skirting boards behind furniture.
- Mattresses to be lifted and vacuumed under.
- Remove cobwebs.
- All other floors to be washed.
- All glass (furniture tops, mirrors, picture frames etc) to be cleaned with window cleaner.
- Windows to be cleaned internally. Windows sills to be wiped down.
- All doors, door frames and the top of doors to be cleaned. Door handles to be polished.
- Drawers and shelves to be cleared of any rubbish (newspapers and magazines etc.) and telephone directories to be kept and stored neatly.
- Upholstery vacuumed, also cushions lifted and cleaned underneath.
- All wooden furniture to be carefully wiped clear of dust.
- All bedroom furniture /storage units will be cleaned inside and out.